“Does niacin help to pass drug test?” This is a very common question that I keep seeing from our readers. Finding a decent job as a recreational drug user can be a very hard thing to do.
Most companies and workplaces require applicants to pass a drug test before hiring them. This has led to drug users seeking ways to pass these drug tests without quitting drugs. Niacin has emerged as a popular option, which explains why I’ve received lots of questions about it.
Hopefully, through my research, I can tell you all you need to know about the use of niacin when it comes to passing a drug test.
What Is Niacin, Uses, and Health Benefits
Niacin is a vitamin, vitamin B3 to be specific. It is also known as nicotinic acid. You’ll find lots of niacin in sources like chicken breast, tuna, smoked salmon, and beef. You’re likely to find niacin in most multi-vitamin pills and in pills at the pharmacy that only contain niacin.
- The main benefit of niacin is that it helps control cholesterol levels. It lowers LDL and triglycerides, while raising HDL levels. HDL is the good cholesterol. Raising it is good for our bodies. LDL and triglycerides are the bad cholesterols. Lowering them is good for us. That’s why niacin is sometimes prescribed by doctors to help patients lower their cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin B3, or niacin, is also great for brain functions and can help improve memory and cognition. Unfortunately, despite its great value for the brain and lowering blood cholesterol levels, niacin has many adverse side effects.
- When you take niacin, you might experience skin flushing, which can be very irritating. Niacin can also raise blood glucose and uric acid levels. By causing hyperglycemia, niacin can make a person’s diabetes worse (see #3 and #4 below).
- Raising uric acid in a person’s blood can also lead to gout attacks in those who are susceptible. Large doses of niacin can potentially cause very serious liver damage.
- The deficiency of niacin causes a disease known as pellagra. People who have pellagra suffer from dermatitis, dementia, and diarrhea. Left untreated, pellagra can lead to death. Luckily the treatment is quite simple: just give the person niacin.
So niacin is a valuable vitamin that needs to be taken in moderation. Any excess or unregulated intake of niacin can produce serious side effects.
Does Niacin Have Cleansing Properties?
Niacin doesn’t really cleanse the body at all. Some say that niacin can help burn fat in the body, but that’s not quite true and hasn’t been scientifically proven. After all, niacin is only just a vitamin. Whether or not it really does burn fat quickly is controversial.
How Can Niacin Help You Detox Your Body?
Detoxing your body using niacin can be difficult and unreliable. The vitamin has very little impact on your body’s ability to detox any kind of substance. If you’re using niacin as a primary tool of detoxing, you’ll probably be disappointed with the results.
Does Niacin Help to Pass Drug Test? Is It Reality or Myth?
Niacin is a popular way on the Internet for detoxing and passing urine drug tests. People talk about it a lot and say that it’s a great and natural way of passing a surprise drug test. However, unfortunately, this is not true.
The claimed benefits of niacin in detox and cleansing are related to the assumption that niacin helps the body burn fat. It is further assumed that the drugs stored in fat are eliminated as the fat burns and breaks down. Sadly, none of this has been scientifically proven. Almost all medical professionals will tell you that niacin can’t help you pass a drug test.
Proposed Method for Using Niacin to Pass a Drug Test
The proposed method suggested on the internet for using niacin to pass a drug test is as follows.
- At least 3 days before your drug test you should take 500mg of niacin and drink at least 2-3 glasses of water.
- Next you should try to urinate as much as you can.
- The next morning you should eat a light breakfast and drink some coffee to help you urinate some more.
- For the following days you should take a niacin pill every 6 hours and drink lots of water with it and go urinate.
- You should also try taking vitamin B12 in order to make sure your urine doesn’t seem too clear as the B12 adds a yellowish tinge to your urine.
It’s worth remembering that this method hasn’t been proven to work. In addition, there are serious side effects that might occur. As stated above, niacin could cause serious liver damage if taken in such large doses over a short period of time. In addition, other side effects that might occur include flushing, hyperglycemia, and increased uric acid leading to a gout attack.
- Cheap and easily available.
- It’s a vitamin.
- Has benefits like lowering LDL and triglyceride levels while raising HDL levels.
- Harmless in small doses.
- Can help treat pellagra: dementia, diarrhea, and dermatitis.
- Present in natural sources like chicken, beef, and salmon.
- Has side effects like facial flushing, raising blood glucose and uric acid levels.
- Potentially lethal liver toxicity if taken in large amounts over a short period of time.
- Not proven to work when it comes to detox, cleansing, and passing a drug test.
According to the internet, taking niacin in order to pass a drug test is one of the most popular ways of passing a drug test using home remedies nowadays. Where people get the idea that it seems to work is beyond me. All of the scientific evidence points to the fact that this approach is not effective at all. Even some users have been hospitalized trying to use large doses of niacin to pass a drug test.
There are several much safer and more effective approaches for detoxing and increasing your odds of passing your urine test.
These approaches include:
- Abstaining from using marijuana from 10 up to 90 days before your test depending on your THC exposure.
- Completing a whole body detox program combined with light aerobic exercise, visiting a sauna, eating healthy and drinking plenty of water.
If you don’t have enough time to detox your body properly, there are a few popular detox drinks that may be effective enough to drop your THC levels below cutoff levels. Even though such drinks cannot guarantee passing your test 100%, they can at least help to increase your chances of passing the test.
Thank you for reading our “Does Niacin Help to Pass Drug Test?”
We would love to hear about your experience in using niacin in order to pass your urine drug test. Please leave your comments below. I believe others in the same situation as you will definitely appreciate and benefit from them.
Learn more here: