Does apple cider vinegar help to pass drug test? This is among most popular questions I regularly receive from our readers. Many workplaces and companies still require their employees to be drug free. Usually there’s very little time to stop using drugs before an unanticipated drug test. So you might want to consider now a way to detox quickly in order to pass an upcoming drug test.
While there are plenty of detox drinks on the market, many have disappointing results. This is why a lot of people are looking to natural items like apple cider as an answer.
In this article I will provide you with the main facts regarding apple cider as a detox agent, including its benefits and shortcomings. In doing so, I will endeavor to answer the key question if this home remedy can actually help you pass your urine drug test or not.
Apple Cider, Its Benefits, and Uses
Apple cider is the liquid extracted from apples. When I say apples, I mean the entire unfiltered apple. This is different from apple juice, which is filtered apple extracts. Both apple cider and apple juice, however, are usually pasteurized in order to kill bacteria and increase shelf life. Although you can find untreated apple cider if you wish.
Fortunately, in addition to being delicious to drink, apple cider also has plenty of benefits and outer uses, which include:
- Apple cider is loaded with useful proteins, enzymes, and bacteria. Not all bacteria are harmful to the body. In fact, some bacteria are quite useful and necessary for the maintenance of the health of our gut.
- Apple cider has very few calories and can help lower the blood sugar, a fact that many will love. Apple cider vinegar is useful in lowering fasting blood glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity. This makes cider quite beneficial for those suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Another effect it has is that apple cider can lower body weight. Weight loss is very useful for diabetics and helps them control their blood glucose levels too.
- Heart disease is the most common cause of mortality in the world. Luckily, apple cider vinegar lowers blood cholesterol levels and reduces blood pressure. Both of these factors help contribute to a healthier cardiovascular system and a lower risk of ischemic heart disease.
- Finally, some studies show that the consumption of apple cider lowers the risk of esophageal cancer. These studies were done in China, however, and the results aren’t definitive. Therefore, more research needs to be done.
Does Apple Cider Have Positive Effects Relating to the Urine?
Yes, apple cider has several positive effects on the urine, two of which are:
- The first is that it can act as a diuretic, i.e. causing an increased passing of urine.
- The second is that it can lower the urine pH level.
The fact that apple cider acts as a diuretic is a two edged sword.
On the one hand, diuresis is great as it helps the body clear the kidneys and mask drugs present in your urine. On the other hand, this process could be harmful for those suffering from kidney diseases.
Too much diuresis can also lead to electrolyte abnormalities, particularly hypokalemia. Those taking diuretics should be very careful not to consume too much apple cider and might want to consult their physician first.
How Can Apple Cider Help You Detox Your Body?
If you’re looking for a detox diet then yes, apple cider is great for detoxing due to its many benefits. Apple cider provides the body with needed enzymes, supports the immune system, aids digestion, promotes pH balance, removes toxins from the body, improves skin quality, and adds helpful bacteria to the gut.
The recipe to be used for apple cider detox is 1-2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar, 8 ounces of distilled water and 1-2 tablespoons of sweetener, which can be honey or maple syrup. The associated detoxing effects aren’t 100% proven through scientific research but they have been explored to a minor degree.
My wife and I use apple cider every day. We benefit from the positive results of reduced blood pressure and weight loss.
Can You Use Apple Cider to Pass a Urine Drug Test?
There have been some rumors that apple cider can help people pass their urine drug tests. However, through my research I found no definitive proof that substantiates these rumors.
1. It is proposed that apple cider helps people pass their drug test by increasing urine out and lowering the urine pH as low urine pH helps eliminate products like THC found in marijuana.
However, it is our view that the diuretic effect of apple cider isn’t high enough to dilute urine sufficient enough to pass a drug test. Even if you were to consume enough apple cider to significantly dilute your urine, labs are now capable of detecting when urine has been diluted. Additionally, too much diuresis can be quite harmful as it alters the amount of electrolytes in your body like potassium.
2. Labs are also able to detect alterations in the pH. If you lower your urine’s pH by consuming apple cider, the lab will detect the abnormally low pH and register it as an abnormal result. In fact, some labs register urine with low pH as urine that’s positive for drugs.
3. If you a light to moderate user of marijuana and insist on using apple cider before a drug test, you should abstain from drugs for at least 5-10 days before your test. You should also consume apple cider in moderate amounts and not use it excessively. Excess consumption of apple cider can be quite harmful to your body and might mess with the results of your urine drug test.
If you smoke more than 2-3 times a week, apple cider certainly won’t be effective enough to lower your THC levels enough to pass your test.
- Aids digestion,
- Adds useful enzymes, proteins, and bacteria,
- Helps with weight loss,
- Lowers blood glucose levels,
- Has almost no calories,
- Lowers blood cholesterol,
- Lowers blood pressure,
- Most people find it delicious, and
- Could potentially prevent some forms of cancer.
- Most of its benefits haven’t been proven scientifically,
- Can result in life threatening hypokalemia,
- Can interact with prescribed drugs leading to harmful effects,
- Not guaranteed to work to help you pass your drug test, and
- Might actually result in your failing your drug test.
If you want to give apple cider a try to increase your odds of passing a urine test, make sure you evaluate your toxic exposure honestly and use home urine drug test in advance to check your THC levels. So far however, we have seen little positive feedback that such approach works.
Usually the best results we have seen comes from users who have either abstained from using marijuana for a period of time depending on their toxic exposure and/or have completed a whole body detox program.
With respect to completing a whole body detox program, there are a number of detox drinks available on the market today. Such detox drinks will help to reestablish normal levels of background nutrient in your urine sample and add to your urine the “markers” that drug tests look for to see if you are trying to beat the test.
Please check other available detox marijuana products here:
Thank you for reading our “Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help to Pass Drug Test?-All Facts Revealed!!”
We would love to hear about your experience with using apple cider in order to pass your urine drug test. Please leave your comments below. I am sure others in the same situation as you will definitely appreciate and benefit from them.
Learn more here: